The Surge suppressor by Rugged is the only suppressor I know of where the manufacturer advertises it by shooting it till its red hot on full auto and then shooting it some more. Its a beast. It can do this because of the baffle material, made of stelite. Stelite is the material they use for the most heat-critical areas of machinegun barrels. The Surge is also modular, with two different lengths coming in the box and 5.56 endcaps and flash hiders available at extra cost. In a nutshell, the Surge is a great choice for those with machineguns, or folks who are simply worried they will one day wear out their silencer through heat or short barrel use and be stuck paying another tax stamp.
Surge in 7.62 by Rugged
- Length: 9" to 7.5"
- Diameter: 1.5"
- Weight: 21.5"oz to 17.5"oz
- Take Apart:No
- Caliber(s):7.62mm rated to .300 Rum; Belt Fed Rated
- Full Auto Rated: yes
- Materials: Baffels:Stellite Core, Tube:316L Stainless Steel, Mount:17-4PH Stainless Steel
- Finish: Creakote
- Color: Black
- Factory Spec's: (SPL) 134-138.4 Db
- Modular: Yes, ADAPT Modular Technology
- Warranty: Yes, Unconditional Lifetime Warranty